Effective: April 1, 2019
Managing Your Information Preferences
Totally relax provides an online platform that connects massage therapists (“Therapists”) with individuals that want to purchase and/or receive massage therapy (“Customers”).
You can always review, correct, or update your Personal Information by changing the relevant settings. Applicable law (such as the Directive) may also give you the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in information about you in our custody or control. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect
We also collect transaction details related to your use of the Services, including the service requested, date, time and location where the service was provided, amount charged, and other related transaction details. The Services facilitate communications between Therapists and Customers. In connection with facilitating these communications, we may receive call or SMS message data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message. We use this information solely for the purpose of facilitating such communications.
Usage Data and Activity
Cookies and Web Beacons
How We Use Information and When We May Share and Disclose Information Generally
We may use your Personal Information for the purpose for which it was provided, including without limitation for the purposes described further below:
- Provision and Monitoring of the Services: We will use your Personal Information to provide you with access to and to support your use of the Services, to administer your account, process payments and to better understand your use of the Services. For example, if you are a Customer, we may provide your Personal Information to a Therapist to facilitate the Therapist’s provision of Services to you and if you are a Therapist, we may provide your Personal Information to a Customer to facilitate the Customer’s receipt of Services. We also may send or facilitate communications between Customers and Therapists. We will also give you the opportunity to store, review and edit Personal Information and other information in your account.
- Surveys and Other Special Offers: From time to time, we may offer our users the opportunity to participate in surveys and other special offers. If you elect to participate in these services, we will collect certain Personal Information in order to provide you with the surveys and other special offers.
- Questions and Requests: If you contact us by e-mail or otherwise, we will use the Personal Information you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem.
- Contacting You About Other Products, Services and Events: If you opt-in, Totally relax and/or third parties may use your Personal Information to contact you in the future to tell you about products, services and events that may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Research and Data Analysis: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, Totally relax may conduct research on its users’ demographics, interests and behavior based on Usage Data and other information. This data may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and totally relax may share this data with advertisers, researchers, business partners, publications, and other third parties. This information will not identify you personally.
- Service Improvement: We may use your Personal Information, aggregated Personal Information and other information collected through the Services to help us improve the content and functionality of the Website to better understand our users and to improve the Services.
Information You Make Available to Others
By using the Services, including creation of a profile on Totally relax or submission of public queries, you may make certain of your Personal Information available to others, such as your name, your username, and your picture. This information may be accessed by users who use the Services and may be accessed by commercial search engines. You should exercise caution before posting any Personal Information on a public area of the Services.
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses that we believe to be trustworthy and have privacy practices consistent with ours, including our affiliates (“Service Providers”). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, payment processing, data storage and management, marketing and promotions and customer research/analytics. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using or disclosing Personal Information other than as specified by Totally relax.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
Totally relax and its Service Providers may disclose Personal Information to applicable Japan government or law enforcement officials, courts or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property or rights of Totally relax or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, fraudulent, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or where required or permitted under applicable Japan law.
We maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in an effort to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information in our custody and control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Services, and you do so at your own risk.